Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Except proper diet,exercise and medication What else can be done in order to reduce blood pressure?

What else can I do in order to reduce my mother's blood pressure from 200/100?
My mother is 78 years old and is under the following medications: Atcand, Hypotense, Focid, Comodin. She is also taking Omega 3, court & orange juice, pineapple, pears, peaches, green pepper & court. She is doing half an hour of exercise every week, and she is taking a walk every day of about an hour. Current blood pressure 200/100. Her blood pressure is very high especially in the morning. What else can be done in order to reduce it?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  306
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Hypertension should be treated for the underlying causes like cardiac disease, renal disease, or any vascular disease, hypertension should be classified under a certain category, for that only her primary physician can identify the class under which her hypertension may be classified. The medication you specified does not include any anti-diuretics, which is very important factor because we need to decrease the volume in the vascular system. So the ideal thing you need to do is to admit your mom in a hospital.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor