Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Essure tubal placement, CT scan shows lesion on kidney, family history of renal cell carcinoma, nephrologist consultation required?

I recently had some complications following a Essure tubal placement and had to get a CT scan completed which showed retroperitoneal lymph nodes a 3cm midpole lesion on my left kidney. I did MRI yesterday which stated this is Bosniak Cat 4 midpole lesion. My gyn thinks it doesnt warrant any further evaluation. My mother and grandfather had renal cell carcinoma . I am only 32 years old. Do you think I should forward my scans to a neprologist for evaluation?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello madam/sir,
In the background of renal cell carcinoma you would need further evaluation by a urologist. Kindly get preliminary investigations like urine routine, serum creatinine, Hb% before meeting the urologist.
Answered: Thu, 26 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor