Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Erection, testicle is painful, have hernia in pelvis. Will I be okay?

When i am getting or have an erection my right testicle more then doubles in size and is painfull to touch kinda when you get kicked really really hard . It also feels like i have a hernia on left and right side of pelvis rigt below my belly button . Its been about a week or two . No pain going to bathroom no fever no lumps . Any ideas or suggestion
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

As hernia is usually caused by inherited connective tissue disorder, its appearance in one spot can indicate that in other most common areas the hernia will also appear. One of such places is groin area where inguinal hernia can be present. Such hernia in some cases reaches scrotum and is called scrotal hernia. It is possible that what you notice as right testicle enlargement is such hernia.
Other possible reason of such symptom are varicocele which get enlarged due to increased blood flow during the erection.

If it is hernia, the pain should also appear while heavy objects lifting or coughing.
Variocele can be palpated as some kind if noodles in the scrotum.

I suggest you to visit urologist and have testis ultrasound performed.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor