Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
178 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation.

Dear Dr. , My sons friend has landed in a peculiar medical problem. So after hearing their hisstory I told them I shall get your advice (in total confidence from you) in order to enable them to be referred to the appropriate Dr here at Blore. Being shy to raise such sensitive matters in the open, they sought my help when I told them about your website. Medical Problem (as I heard it out): The boy is 30+ and is about to be married by year end. He is of athletic build, 5ft 7 in 75 Kg BMI=25.6 Waist 38 in. And was quite normal and virile till last year. Then an accident occurred 3 months back when during the night when power cut was in force he dropped with his bike into a 6 ft narrow pit dug on the roadside for laying sewage pipeline. Except for his helmet hitting the side of the pit with moderate force nothing much happened, other than for some abrasions on the legs and lower arms. He was still on the bike after the incident. He confirms his private parts did not feel the impact at all. About a week after the incident he felt a) Absence of erection (even in the mornings) b) Involuntary ejaculation. He has already met a neurologist here at Blore who has zeroed in on the fall as the cause and has told that any impact on the brain /spine or other portions can lead to such temporary debility and has been advised to come back after regaining erection to test the semen count, to rule out impotency. (That may be months or years ?? if only natural healing is to be relied up on.) So the Queries are: 1. Should he wait for natural healing to regain erection in due course of time (which will play havoc with his wedding proposals in another 6 months), or 2. Should they postpone the wedding proposal for this year end ? 3. Should they see some other Specialist Dr to accelerate the healing process by taking medications, etc? 4. A Doctor with which specialization should they approach ? 5. Can you refer any of your Specialist Dr here at Blore for this peculiar case, So they need your help Thanking You From N Rajaram from Chennai (We are now camping at Bangalore for another 2 weekS = when during browsing I came across this wonderfully helpful website) P.S.: This boy is a software engineer and works 18 hours a day 5 days a week, and goes to sleep usually at 5 am and wakes up at 12 noon. Will such irregular sleeping patterns over years cause such temporary sexual inadequacy? Or can the fall be the likely cause ? Whom to contact ? =========
Wed, 14 Apr 2010
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

Hi... Before answering to your queries, let me provide you with few facts that are needed to be understood.. The facts are that following an injury to the head, it is rare that an physical injury on its own to be the cause for the sexual dysfunctions to be the cause.. Research has showed that most often it is the psychologenic causes that is responsible for both erection dysfunction and the premature ejaculation following an injury.. The only exception is when there are serious brain injuries or when there is a disturbance to the hypthalamic pituitary dysfunction which is  a rare episode.. Hence it is the psychogenic causes that is probably the cause for these disturbances and not really the injury itself..

It would take a few month probably 5 to 6 months for symptoms to improve and improvement depends on individuals. Lack of sleep and the stress can also add up to the situation..

Now to your queries, to help in faster recovery, these tips are adviced. Practise Keegel's exercises, Master,s and Johnson's exercises, multivitamin pills, protein supplements, acupuncture techniques, good and regular sleep, physical exercises, yoga and meditations. He can consult a sexologist and a face to face doctors from the experts should make him feel better, else he can talk to chat with a doctor on this website or take an opinion from the experts through mail or phone.. Wishing him all the best and hoping for a faster recovery...

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sir I am a male 21 years old. I am masturbating from past 8 years (sometimes up to even 4-5 times a day as well) and still a virgin. sir I am...

Recent questions on  Naturopathy

doctor1 MD

Hellow Doctor, First I would like to introduce my self as naturopath doctor doing all charitable work to help the society and treating patients...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor! my daughter is having constipation since her birth. we have given her a no. of treatments: homeopathic and naturopathic, but...

doctor1 MD

hi my wife taking a dose of 125 mcg for thyroxin. we are afraid of Major side effects on long run. how can we dealt with that? is there any...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor. I am male aged 45 years working in the Central Government in New XXXXXXX I am having sedantary lifestyle. Also I am vegetarian. Doctor...

doctor1 MD

my son is taking treatment for gastro entestinal problems-acid reflux -taking razo and lesuride before food and gaviskon after food.The medicines...

doctor1 MD

I was having urinery infection last week due to that kidney infection was there so i had antibiotics also having stomach doctor said swelling is...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I am 34 yrs old male working in a corporate. Married with one child. I have been married for 5 yrs now. Before marriage I was living...