Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Episodes of urinary retention after hysterectomy. CT scan showing dilation of the ureter at the base of the kidney. Blood in urine, flank pain. what is the treatment?

I had a hysterectomy in December. After the hysterectomy I had 2 episodes of urinary retention of about 1,000 cc s each episode. One week later I was diagnosed via ct scan and urine dip with pylo. The ct showed dilation of the right ureter and base of the right kidney. I was given antibiotics for the pylo. It is now march and I have continued to have blood in my urine (diagnosed at my urologist office), right sided flank pain and a follow up ct showed the same dilation. My urologist wants to do a procedure to look at my ureters. I have to be put under for this procedure. Do you think this is a reasonable next step?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your urologist is right in saying that you have to underg a surgical procedure to set your ureter right and you have to go for it.Most probably during hystrectomy your ureter on right side has got stuck up either in a stich or ureter has kinked due to adhession formed postoperatively.Surgical procedure is only way out to remove the kink.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor