Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Episodes of sudden rise in heart rate, syncope and collapse. Should I see a cardiologist?

I had very strong palpitations while I was standing in the kitchen. Not doing anything of consequence. My heart rate was 185 and I had trouble catching my breath. My parents had a pulse meter and they said this high rate lasted for minutes. They gave me a 325 mg aspirin to chew and my rate steadily declined over the next couple of minutes. Then my rate stayed in the range of 100-110 for several hours. This has happened before and sometimes i actually have syncope episodes and actually fall into someone with little or no warning. So unexpected and uncomfortable. I am 55 and in pretty good shape. Should I be concerned or see a cardiologist?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Your symptoms definitely ask one cardiologist consultation..
In medical language it is called as arrhythmias , mostly looks like PAROXYSMAL SUPRAVENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIAS, but may be VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIA also..
next time when you get symptom immediately go to nearby clinic and get one ECG done to document the event..
But dont wait for next time, visit one cardiologist as early as possible and get thorough check up.
best wishes
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor