Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Epilepsy, chronic problem, dizzy spells. Complications in sexual life and pregnancy?

Hi this is XXXXX ! I hv seen a girl for marraige but come to knw that she is suffering from Epilepsy . Now plz confirm can I marry her . Will there be any complication in sexual life and pregnancy . Can we live normal life. She is having fits from 10 class now she is 27 .last time she got fits in dec, jan. She said its normal only she faints n uses some spray for it. Is it curable . I want to marry her plz tell me..
Asked On : Wed, 2 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Vipin,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,

First I would like to comment is I am not sure if there is any treatment like spray which is used for treating epilepsy.

Epilepsy has been misunderstood by many individuals. After many studies it has been proved that people suffering with epilepsy can have normal life and family. All that needs is proper medical care.

If she is indeed suffering from it, she needs to be properly evaluated by a neurologist. With the help of appropriate antiepileptics (which is usually oral tablets) seizures can be prevented and your fiancée can be as normal as any other girl. Discuss with her about her treatment and encourage her to consult a neurologist if she hasn't met any yet.

With proper medication and your care, she would be able to lead a normal life.

Hope my point is clear.

Wish you a happy married life

Best Regards
Answered: Mon, 7 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor