Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Epididymitis with pain and blood in semen

I m a male...aged 34. I was diagnosed with Epididymitis a few years ago but was told it wasn t an infection (STD) after a urine test and ultra sound. I didn t receive an answer why it happened. I have had the occasion aches in that area over the years but not bad. A few weeks ago I ejaculated after masturbation and found my seman was kind of brown. A ejaculated a few days later and the seman still had brown blood . It s been about a week and 1/2 and I have a bit of an ache in the area of Epididymus or the cords...the pain was actually never really that bad. I have not seen a Dr. yet as I wanted to give it a little time to see if it settles down. How long should I refrain from ejaculating again (masturbation/sex) to make sure the condition has time to heal and I don t get any more blood in my seman?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult surgeon and get examine and investigations done to know the cause of epididymitis and get treatment accordingly

semen culture should be done also
any chronic infection in the genitourinary tract should be ruled out specially tuberculosis
get a check up without delay
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You history suggests your still have the Epididymitis infection. Consult a Urologist so that he can examine you thoroughly and Suggest few tests like Complete blood count, Doppler ultrasound, Testicular scan, Urinalysis and culture, you may need to give several specimens, including initial stream, mid stream, and after a prostate massage. Your treating Doctor would know better. You will require analgesics and antibiotics. Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
Get adequate rest and stop masturbating until the pain and swelling subsides at least for a month. Apply heat pads to the scrotal area and keep it elevated by wearing a scrotal support.

Hopi i have answered your query, I will be available for follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Fri, 17 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor