Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Eosinophil count 492 cells, montus kid tablet

i daughter has got esonophil count of 492 cells .please advice what to do? our doctor has given l montus kid tablet for my kid and asked to take for 3 weeks and again asked us take a test.
Asked On : Thu, 23 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.
The normal range of the absolute eosinophil count is 0 - 450 /µL.
So your child has mild elevation of eosinphils which can commonly be either due to allergic conditions or parasitic infestations in kids.
If there are any symptoms of allergy like rhinitis, frequent cold cough, itching, wheezing etc then the treatment given is appropriate.Tablet L montus kid contains antihistamine levocetrizine and mast cell stabiliser monteleukast.Together this combination acts as an antiallergic and helps in bringing down the allergic response of the body like elevated eosinophil counts.So you may take the course and repeat the test for assessing response.
However if she has minimal or no symptoms of allergy it is worth taking a deworming medicine like albendazole and ivermectin combination as single dose treatment and watch for any improvement.
Also both the treatment can be safely taken together if needed as per your doctors advice.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 23 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor