Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Enlargement of right testis. How long will it take to get treated and work as normal human being ?

My husband was admitted for 1 month due to enlargement of right testis. He had severe headache and temperature above 100 deg F. Gradually neck stiffness and was shifted to ICU because he was disoriented. Now he has acute infarct in the cerebral penuncle in lift side. The right testis was removed. Mycobacterium tuberculi was positive when the removed organ was tested. How long will it take to get treated and work as normal human being.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

It would have been good, if you have mentioned which country you stay in and his age?

Tuberculous orchitis was the diagnosis on the right testicle. Probably the tuberculous has spread to the meninges and has caused tuberculous meningitis evident with disorientation and neck stiffness.

The Acute infarct may or may not be related TB. Thought it is the most important of all given his acute condition, the prognosis is not going to be too good if the infarct is large in the cerebral peduncles.

The treatment is conservative management along with 9 month Anti TB drugs. A neurosurgeon opinion should be sought. A good critical care team, a neurosurgeon and good nursing is going to be crucial at this stage.

All the best
Answered: Mon, 20 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor