Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Enlarged tonsils or throat infection after sour food. What is Rhinosinusitis with Anosmia?

i usually catch the throat infection or enlarged tonsils after having any sour food like lemon,pickle tamarind etc. my nostrils become swollen specially my right side . and i have a breathing problem from my nostrils. when i m lying with my left seems like any congestion or passing area is not free, it occurs specially in humid or cold weather. i have less smell and taste. My ENT Doctor tested my nose and tounge and dignose Submandibular Sialodanitos.and Rhinosinusitis with Anosmia/Hypogeusia. DNS-R/Hypertrohied Turbinate . My CT-SCAN opinion report was B/L Maxillary polyps.Right middle ethmoidal sinusitits. but from 7-8 months i have no exact smell of any eatables, cooking oil , cosmetics,fuel, they gives me foul smell. sometimes it feels like a lemony smell in every thing.or very bad s so dificult to eat food without any smell or taste. why it is occurring? what is this disorder and how i can overcome from it & regain my taste & sense of smell.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon
I will try to explain the things as follows
Submandibular Sialodanitis - refers to infection/inflamamtion of the salivary gland present in the floor of oral cavity
Rhinosinusitis with Anosmia/Hypogeusia - Infection /Inflammation of nose and sinuses with decrease in smell
DNS-R/Hypertrohied Turbinate - means Deviated nasal Septum with increase in size of soft tissue swelling in the lateral wall of nose

Your CT scan suggestis multiple polyps in nose and sinuses. Nose has nerve fibres for smell in the roof. Due to polyps the air is not reaching there thus causing ansomia

You will need treatment for sialoadenitis and nasal polyps. I would advise you for a ENT consultation. Possibly nasal polyps will require surgery. I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if your need more information on this

With warm regards threatening
Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor