Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Enlarged spleen, have stinging pain, feel full, belching. What to do?

I am a generally healthy 44 yr old female. A year ago I had the symptoms of mono (my daughter had it and our water glasses got mixed up). It took me about 3 months to get over it and I've had recurring bouts of it, to a lesser degree, 2 or 3 times in the following year. Now, my spleen seems to be enlarged; it has a stinging pain, I feel full even when I don't eat, and I have belching which is highly unusual for me. What do I do?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. An enlarged spleen is not a cause of concern unless you are living in an area that is endemic to malarial or other contagious infection. I do not believe that if the mononucleosis was the reason, it will last for a very long time. I also think that you have a history of gastritis that is making you feel full with little meals and belch often. I hope you get treated with a GI specialist. A visit with an infectious disease doctor would also help.

I hope this helped and I wish you the very best. Take care!
Answered: Sun, 26 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor