Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Enlarged prostrate. On foley's catheter, unable to pass urine without it. High PSA value. Medication?

Hello doctor, i am 85 years old,i am suffering from prostate enlargement with PSA 20.06, right now i am on foley's catherer, without catherer i am unable to pass urine , i am taking urimax d tablet daily. doctors asked me for prostatic biopsy , but i donot want to to go for biopsy. please give me your advice so that i can survive well on medicine without any catherer, surgery and biopsy.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query.
It seems you have got severely enlarged prostate as you required to put catheter.
In this condition you have to go for biopsy to rule out cancer of prostate.
In benign prostatic enlargement urimax will work.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 31 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor