Enlarged lymph node, CT scan normal. Nodule on thyroid. Related?

Approximately 6 years ago, I noticed an enlarged lymph node behind my right ear. I went to the doctor and was referred to a specialist who ordered a CT scan and an FNA of the lymph node. The CT scan results were normal. The FNA was indeterminate because there wasn t enough material collected to render results. I was told to watch the lymph node and if it got any bigger to return. I don t think it s gotten any bigger over the past 6 years, but it s possible that it has and I m just not realizing it. Last week, I went to a doctor who, after examination, found a nodule on the right side of my thyroid . He s referred me to an endocrinologist for further testing. Is it possible that the enlarged lymph node behind my right ear is related to the nodule on the right side of my thyroid?
Thu, 28 Nov 2013