Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Enlarged lymnp node below ear. Had parotid gland surgery, followed by radiation treatment. Recurrence ?

My father had parotid gland surgery (removal of tumor ) in 2008. They removed gland and a lymph node that also had cancer cells. He followed with radiation treatment. Recently , he has noticed an enlarged lymnp node below his ear on this same side. What tests should be performed? does this mean that his cancer has reoccurred?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM I am Dr Das
First of all, what type of cancer it was?
Secondly, is there any infection which may cause fever , cold, cough or any oral ulcers?
If those are absent then the present lymph node may be due to metastasis from any other site where the cancer has recurred .
You first have to do a FNAC from lymph node which will indicate what is the problem.
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor