Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Enlarged heart, Clodrel or ClopFlow ?

i have a heart enlarged condition. Should I take clodrel 75 mg or ClopFlow 75 mg.? I am 82 years old & feel breathless sometimes. Dr. has advised me tab. Ranolaz 1000mg but it gives me hard time with constipation . please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Ranolaz is a medicine used for chronic anginal pains so you should take it as your doctor has prescribed.
It has side effect of constpation which can be managed by taking a high fiber diet and plenty of liquids.
In case you are hesitant to take it please consult your doctor and get an alternative medication prescribed.
As for the other medicines clodrel 75 and clopflow 75 both are one and the same as their content is clopidogrel and they are brand names of different companies.
So as both are same you can choose any of it but you should take it only when your doctor has prescribed.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 22 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor