Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Enlarged carotid body tumor, vision problems. What to ask doctor?

My carotid body tumor has enlarged enough to cause vision problems. I saw my opthalmolgist today, and he told me my visual problems are not in my eye but he s concerned that blood flow through my artery is diminished. I have neuro and otolaryngology appts over next few days. I really would like to know what to ask the Oto doctor about experience etc since this is such a rare condition with potential complications at resection. Thank you. Bonnie Doody
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
You should get a visual field examination done with your ophthalmologist before you go ahead with your other appointments with other specialists. The visual field examination will show up the disturbance in the vision and will also work as a baseline report for future comparison. You may also be advised to undergo MRI Angiography (again) to assess the blood supply to the brain and the eyes.
Warm regards
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor