Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Endometriosis, had sex during periods due, missed periods, nausea, abdominal pain. When should I take pregnancy test?

Hi, So the last time I had sex I was due for my period on that day. I only had sex once in the last month and I ve had an ultrasound and pregnancy test during the last six weeks. My period was due 15 days ago and I ve had some nausea and some lower back pain as well as some right side abdominal pain . The lower right abdominal pain is not new but the pain has changed. I have had endometriosis since I was 17 and I m now 22. Should I wait longer to take a pregnancy test? I don t want a false negative. I m a little concerned that I might be having an ectopic pregnancy . I m concerned about what to do..
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
If you had regular periods, and you are late by two weeks, you should take your pregnancy test.
False negatives at two weeks overdue are rare, however to be completely sure, consult your gynecologist for an ultrasound / blood pregnancy test.
Also, with endometriosis, to rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy, you should go for ultrasound with blood pregnancy test , as a home test would not differentiate between the two.
Even if your home pregnancy test is positive, you would ultimately need the consultation.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 1 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. S Patra's  Response
Mar 2016
If you have previous regular cycle,then sex on due date is very much safe and chance of pregnancy is almost nil. Endometriosis may cause lower abdominal pain prior to period.
But to clear doubt, confirm your pregnancy by blood test for B-hcg /USG lower abdomen. Check the result and if you got negative again,then do the following things.
Other reasons of delayed period like hormonal imbalance,stress/anxiety,ovarian cyst/PCOD, thyroid problem,wt gain/extreme loss,irregular eating habits etc.
Need to investigate properly to rule out underlying pathology by other test like Thyroid profile, LH/FSH,blood estrogen & progesterone level etc.So consult with your doctor and take suggestive measures.
Control body wt,take healthy diet,avoid stress with treat endometriosis properly.
Be well.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor