Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Endometriosis and fibroid reoccuring after laparoscopy. What should be done ?

Dear Dr., I have Endometriosis + Fibroid . Is it ok to take Depo provera 150mg? I have faced for two laparascopy for Endometriosis ( Chocolatesysts) - in year 2007 & 2008 & 01 Laporotomy surgeries for Endometriosis ( Chocolatesysts) - in year 2010. And now again the doctors found i have Endometriosis + Fibroid. What should i do? Pls reply me.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,     
I am Dr Nilajkumar a consultant gynecologist and I will be helping you in your queries.
You have recurrent endometriosis. It means that the disease is not getting corrected despite surgeries and some residual implants are there.

There are the following treatment options:
1. You are young and desire pregnancy: It will be difficult to conceive spontaneously. Get pregnant as soon as possible by assisted reproductive techniques as pregnancy helps in cure of the disease in most cases.
2. There is no need for pregnancy: drugs like oral contraceptives, depo provera, mirena may be useful . They are not 100% effective and also not effective in every patient. Meaning that they may cure the disease in some and may not show any effect in others. Gn Rh analogues and danazole are other drugs. They lead to thin bones and male pattern hair growth. Another option is hysterectomy. It is best for recurrent disease and also the associated fibroids.

So please discuss these options with your doctor and choose the most suitable one. Repeated surgeries make every new surgery more difficult. So keep this in mind and then choose therapy.

I understand that you have been through a lot. Choose wisely and you will be benefited in the long term.
Hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask any further queries and I will be happy to help.
Thanks for using HCM.
Have a good day.
Dr Nilajkumar Bagde          
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology
Answered: Wed, 9 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor