Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Encephalomalacia after suffering from stroke. Life expectancy?

My father, age 74, had a massive stroke seven years ago, and recently a more mild one. Upon exam of this second stroke, it was discovered he has encephalomalacia. Due to his disabilities, I am needing some guidance on what his life expectancy might be, so my sister and I can resolve how to care for him until his demise.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcaremagic,
As your father has a detrioting condition so the life expectency of your father is not so good, however it depends upon the current clinical condition which will be cleared after full examination of your father.

I suggest you to meet an occupational therapist, he will guide you furthur how to modify yor home according to his needs and he will teach him different techniques to cope up with sittuation.
Answered: Tue, 16 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor