Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Elevated uric acid level, occasionally drink whiskey, eat red meat. How can I reduce it naturally?

Hi, I am 29 yrs, having uric acid with a count of 7.1 - 8.2, I drink whisky(2 pegs of 30 ml each) on saturdays & very rarely during the week, do not consume beer or wines at all & do eat Red Meats(Occasionally), white meats & fish regularly. How do i reduce my Uric acid levels naturally, I weigh 87 kgs for my height of 5 Ft 5 & play badminton regularly.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Friend
Welcome to HCM.
High uric acid requires evaluation for the cause.
In general we start treatment if it is persistent or more then 10.
Natural way to reduce it :
1. To consume lots of water.
2. Not to consume alcohol.
3. To avoid high intake of red meat, pulses like Rajma.
4. To get it repeated after 6 weeks.
If it is persisting even then, write to us again.
Stay Healthy
Answered: Fri, 30 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor