Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Elevated triglycerides, have reduced oily foods, taken up walking. Will it get normal?

HI Doctor, I have high trigeceride 262 ..i m doing 45 minutes walk everyday and reduced my fat contents and fried foods. Just wondering will i become normal one day or it will like this for whole life? Also i have a pin near the third rib, its like pin type pain but tolerable told me that i have costocodritis but its almost 3 months same thing happening. Can i get rid of this any day ?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response

Thanks for your query on Healthcaremagic.

Your triglyceride level is really high. Its good to have 45 minutes walk everyday and diet modification. Ithink along with these some medication will also be help to you. You can take atorvastatin 10 mg or rosuvastatin 5 mg at bed time to start with and dose may be titrated as per response.

Yes your triglyceride level may be normal if you maintained this life style. But its more important to have a controlled range of triglycerides.

For pin point chest pain though it is diagnosed as costochondritis i will suggest you to have an ECG to exclude probable heart diseases as you have the risk factors like high triglyceride level.

Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 7 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor