Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Elevated sugar levels, determined by prick test. Quick relief measure?

Hello there! My mother s sugar level has suddenly reached 586... i know its way too much, this was determined by a prick test, the blood sugar test is yet to be determined. please suggest some quick preventive measures. (Apparantly she is feeling quite normal, walking and working around, i ve stopped her intake of any plain carbohydrate and she is taking raw fruits and veges and lemon water only)
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM,
if repeat blood sugar is also high, you should see your doc and probably get admitted if urine/ blood test shows acidosis/ ketonuria.
your doc would look for serious complications like DKA/ Hyperosmolar state.
good that you already advised avoiding sugars. she will need insulin under guidance.
and work up to look for causes for this shoot-up.
I hope to have guided you in right direction.
take care and keep me posted on your progress.
good luck !
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor