Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Elevated sgpt levels even after restraining from alcohol and smoking, taking fresh fruits. How can I lower it?

im 21 years old..i have a sgpt level of 141..i have been dieting for the previous weeks prior going to have my blood been drinking fresh milk and been not drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking ..but why does my sgpt levels are high? my doctor prescribed me with silymarin 3x a day and told me to drink more fluids and fruits and veggies for a week and have my bood checked again..are there any suggestions that you have for me to lower my sgpt level?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Endocrinologist 's  Response
SGPT and SGOT are signs of liver inflammation. Get tested for viral makers- HbsAg and anti HCV. Keep of the good habit of alcohol abstinence and the liver inflammation would subside. If you are overweight you need to loose some weight as well. T. UDILIV 300mg twice daily would help too... donot worry too much about lab values... as long as you are healthy and living a healthy lifestyle, lab values dont mean much.
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor