Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Elevated creatinine levels, hydronephrosis. Stent placed. Suffer from flank pain. Need immediate care?

I am a 56-year-old male (5'11", 175lbs). I had a 10mm kidney stone removed 1 year ago, and three months ago had elevated creatinine and hydronephrosis seen on the side where the stone was taken out last year. Two weeks ago I had a stent put in to drain the enlarged kidney. I bled for 5 days, but no longer have blood in my urine. I do, however, have considerable (say 6 out of 10) flank pain that pain killers don't seem to touch, but antispasmodics do. Any thoughts about whether I need a trip to the ER? Do I need to have a KUB image done to see if the stent is seated properly, for instance? Ot will this pain just pass?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Hydronepharosis with raised serum creatinine level is an indication of disorder in kidney.
Once again K U B image is very important.
Get in blood for urea, uric acid, serum cretinine, sugar, lipid profiles.
Urine analysis will assess infection in kidney.
Once again consult doctor ( treating) and get his opinion regarding this.
Hope I have answered your question.
If further any question I will help.
Get well soon.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor