Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Elevated blood pressure readings. On beta blocker. Suggested to take Norvasc. Do I have to take it?

I ve been having higher than normal blood pressure . Every day I will have normal readings of 120 s over 80 s, but I will feel tense at different times throughout the day and taking my bp around that time, I sometimes go as high as 155/110. I have a history of anxiety , but these tense feelings seem to come out of nowhere at times. I was on a beta blocker , which was keeping my bp normal 24/7 for the most part, but went off it and another Dr. thought I should take Buspar and didn t think I really needed bp meds. But the previous Dr. had giving me Norvasc , which I started taking the other day after a spike of 155/112.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for query,
I think due to anxiety you go on changing the doctors without concluding any thing.
I would suggest to consult one doctor,you can trust and get your blood pressure check record for about 10 days.
Once in the morning and once in the evening on alternate day.
Go for S.cholesterol,Lipid profile.
After that your doctor can have some idea about your blood pressure and then he will prescribe the medicine if he thinks proper.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 21 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor