Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Elevated bilirubin levels in urine culture. Jaundice? What should be my diet?

Hi, Dr.i am from chennai and I m working in pvt concern. Today I gave and get my blood TBIL result and urinal culture report, that report says BILIRUBIN (DIRECT): 0.73 mgs/dl so I little confused in Jaundice . Can you guide me about my diet and what will I do next? Let me know it, Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

Normal range of serum direct bilirubin is

You should get other tests of liver profile like Serum Total bilirubin, AST, ALT, Alkaline phosphatase, GGT, also done. Please get HBsAg test and USG of Liver/upper abdomen also done, and either upload your reports or consult your Physician with reports for treatment.

You should take light diet only, containing carbohydrate in higher proportion.

As you have not mentioned your urine culture report, its interpretation is not possible.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma

Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor