Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Elevated TSH count, have weight gain, diagnosed with first stage TSH. How can I cure this naturally?

Hi, I am 24 years, F, detected with 5.0 count TSH count, which doctor said to be slightly on the upper end of the limit. I have heard about symptoms like putting on weight frequently as an effect of high TSH , which I have already noticed started happening to me & this scares me a lot. Pls suggest me tips to keep my weight in check in this circumstance. Also as I have only been detected with TSH(1st stage) pls suugestme natural cures so that I donot have to start medicine due to it.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You have slightly high TSH as the normal range is considered to be between .3 to 3.0
You should start the medicine.
In fact the medicine called as artificial thyroxine is just a supplement and not a medicine in true sense.
Ypu are just replacing something which is being produced by your body in less quantities.
In fact you can not avoid it.
Sooner or later you will have to start it.
There is no natural cure for this.
You are a patient of subclinical hypothyroidism where TSH is high and T4 are normal.
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor