Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Elevated SGPT, currently on Losartan. What is the best diet ?

Good day, doc. My name is AAAAA . My father just got his lab result and it showed elevated sgpt of 93 from 50 on his first lab test. I just want to ask what it means and what s the best diet for him. He is 56 yo and active. He is currently taking losartan to manage his hypertension . I m not sure if he was also prescribed before with simvastatin. Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
The rise in the SGPT level can be due to many different causes. the most common cause is fatty liver disease.
Sometimes it can be due viral infections. Medications like statins also can cause a rise in SGPT.
Viral marker tests and ultrasound scan of the abdomen should be done.
The treatment depends on the cause.
I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Answered: Sun, 1 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor