Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Elevated SGOT and SGPT level, taking Livogen. Job in Gulf?

dear sir lab report shows that there is elevation in my SGOT and SGPT value of blood is high. taking LIVOGEN. I am worried about my liver . I completely quit consumption of alcohol . Please advise whether I can travel and join my new job in gulf ! Thanking you
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  229
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello. welcome to HCM.
alcohol can damage liver, and complete repair may take months to years. This form of liver damage is represented by elevated SGPT and SGOT levels. Though per se these elevations are not a reason for you to not join, it will be best to test yourself for entire liver profile including viral markers and thus decide accordingly. Many times these tests will also be done for new employees both in India and abroad.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor