Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Elevated SGOT, SGPT and triglycerides. Levels not coming down despite diet change. Any immediate cure?

Hi, I'm 28 yrs old and had a blood test on 4th april in which my sgot was found 49, sgpt 111 and triglyceride 229. from that day i stopped eating oily and fatty foods. Now in blood test of 14th april my sgot was found 69 and sgpt 85. I have left consuming alcohol three months ago. I have to bring these parameters to 40 to join my job. what should I do to get them reduced immediately ?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
thanks for writing in.
In addition to dietary modifications you also need to take liver tonics.
Tricholine citrate+sorbitol combination for 6 months ( one tablespoon in aglass of luke warm water in the morning daily)
Ornithine compounds for 4 weeks.(one tablet three times a day after meals)
Regular exercise for 30 minutes to stimulate circulation.
Food additives or vitamin supplements especially b complex vitamins.
The above measures will help regularise your liver function and bring your liver enzymes down .
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor