Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Elephant Leg Treatment

hi my mother suffering from elephant leg disease is there is any treatment in chennai or chidambaram
Asked On : Tue, 22 Mar 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  945
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. you can contact KS Hospital, Kilpauk, Chennai.

747, Poonamallee High Road, Kilpauk , Chennai- 600010 , Tamil Nadu

Opposite Pachaiyappas College

2. In the mean time please let us know that whether the disease is active or has progressed to complications i.e. Lymphoedema, and continue with DEC (hetrazan) till further appointment is made
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Diethylcarbamazine (DEC): This drug is effective against both microfilaria and adult worms. Albendazole: This anthelmintic drug is shown to destroy the adult filarial worms when given in doses of 400mg twice daily for two weeks.
These are the medical protocal of treatment disease you can visit any hospital nearby for treatment
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
have shalipad gaj kesari with punarnava gugul along with viranga arisht and punarnava arisht.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Take Tab.Shlipadari Ras 2tabs thrice a day
Tab. Vriddhi Vardhikahara Vati 1tab thrice a day
Tab.Gokshuradi Guggul 1tab thrice daily
Tab.Chandraprabha vati 1 tab thrice a day
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
Yes it is available at MMC Madras Medical College and at all leading hospitals of Chidambaram also. I dont know the exact cause , evolution , progression, of disease in your case and i cant examine the patient from here ////// However there are good medicines available for this disease.So take her to the doctor immediately. She may require Surgical intervention if it is not controlled by medicines completely.
Good Luck!!!!!!!
Answered: Tue, 22 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor