Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Electrocuted, taken Valium and Digesic for high heart rate, muscle cramps, shallow breathing

2.5yrs ago whilst on an industrial site my arm came into direct contact with a 3phase(415volts) cable which locked me into the semi crouched position paralysed only able to let out a deap heave for help with the power surging through my body for 6-8 sec before 5 circuit breakers blew and shut down all power to the building. i was thrown to the ground though got straight up to check myself over. i had an electrical burn 20mm in diameter 3/4 up my forearm with a large area surrounding bright red and charchoal edges. the 20mm hole was approx 12mmdeep with a small amount of blood easing from the wound . NO EXIT wound was visable? heart rate was high so i was put on valium and digesic. after some time my my moods would change often , memory not so good , weight loss of 22kg , concentration lost and major dislike of busy areas ( noise ). i still have a lot of muscle cramping and spasms , my legs are cold and weak , my thoughts and emotions are all over the place whereas on two occasions i have volentary addmitted myself into a trauma ward. i have been to see now over 20 different professionals of different varieties and i am told i have PTSD and CRPS and on a variety of medication. i still can not seem to put weight on and muscle cramping is non stop. my breathing is very shallow and from time to time get small chest pains. do you have any advice or know anyone that can help with electrical injurys as im in sydney australia and it seems nobody knows what to do for rehabilitation long term. thank-you david j nielsen.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
nielsen god is in favour of u as u have survived by a heavy shock. please do not visit different professionals. have faith in one. u can consult a psychotherapist. MEDITATION and YOGA are very good in this condition along with some stress buster medications(i can not prescribe online). u will definitely come out of it thanks.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor