Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Elbow injury, pain when putting pressure. Did I break it?

Ok, so i hit my elbow on the sharp corner of my locker and at first i just assumed i hit my funny bone but it really hurt mu hand and rist and i have a big mark on my elbow. Now im getting sharp pains when i try to put any pressure on it. I can move it but cant do anything with it! Do i need to go to a doctor? Did i break it? cause i have a history of that...ive broken 8 bones...HELP!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query

You hit your elbow & after that swelling appears and it is tender to touch.

It might be a soft tissue injury or a fracture.

You need an xray to rule out any fracture.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for exam. and treatment plan according to that.

Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor