Efudix on face. Using Betacorten and Fucicort. Can use these medicines simultaneously?

I am about ten days after efudix on my face. The doctor gave me fucicort for 4 days and betacorten G put after the Fucicort "as needed". I could not deside if I need or not and couldnt reach my doctor. So i text another dermatologist which I know and she told me to put mousterising cream with e oil or olive oil and not to put any steroid any more. I did so for 2 days and all the redness back. So i stop it and put betacorten G. It was couple of ouers ago. It improve the couler but i feel that Fucicort will do a beter job. My question: can I wash my face and put the fucicort now? Or do I have to wait untill tomorrow morning? i put e oil from capsula and think that it includ doya oil that make the irritation. i am realy confuse because Every doctor said something diferent. And the to of them know me, I have thin white skin and dont want yo put too much cortizon on it. I think I confuse my doctors. i realy need advise. Sorry about my sprlling english is not my toung lenguich
Mon, 5 Aug 2013
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare Magic.
As per your query you are using mutiple of moisturizing creams as well as steroid creams on your face.
Fucicort and betacorten G are steroids used topically. While the former is mild steroid but the later is high potency steroid. Any of the steroid whether mild or high potency should never be used without dermatological advice as these can cause its own side effects. So do not use beyond 7 days of period.
For a time being period of a day or two you can use Fucicort but do not use at your own which otherwise can cause dependence.
Hope these information will help.
"With good health wishes"
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)