• question-icon

Effects of liver cancer?

My mom is in her last stages of liver cancer. She hasn't eaten in 15 days and is on heavy duty medication. How long does my mom have and how long can your body last without eating
My mom have a nurse coming in three times a week. Mom can't get dressed by herself or get to the bathroom. All she does is sleep. Please help
Thu, 20 Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
Yes,these are signs of terminal malignant disease and unfortunately you should not expect some miracle. Prognosis in such cases is very poor,from few weeks to month or 2. Without eating this is even worse. She may try with parenteral nutrition and rehidromix or similar fluids,but treatment is just palliative. She needs all your support in these difficult days.
WIsh you good health. Regards