Effects of asymmetrical brain ventricles on premature babies

effects of asymmetrical brain ventricles on premature babies?
Sun, 19 Jun 2011
Medical Topics ,   ,  
Hi.Thanks for your query and for using health care magic.

Some people have asymmetric brain ventricles. What is important here is that, there should not be excess dialation/enlargement as this suggests blockage of CSF flow.

If the dimensions of the Ventricles are within normal range and child is asymptomatic, nothing active needs to be done even if the ventricles are asymmetric.
A repeat scan after couple of weeks would be helpful to know if the asymmetry is worsening/progressing.

Thanks