Effects of aerobic exercises over heart

Can years of intense aerobic exercises over work and weakened a heart muscle instead of improving it's conditi
I was born with a heart murmur but recently diagnosed with CHF. I am a 42 year old wife and mother of 3 teenagers. I was a fitness professional (for the past17yrs) who taught very progressive exercise classes (65%-80% MHR) that mainly focused on improving and maintaining a healthy heart muscle. I was a vegetarian (no flesh foods) for 5yrs. During those years my body fat percentage and body weight was within normal ranges for my height/weight and age group. I have never taken any drugs (illegal or otherwise) and I have never been a heavy drinker (an occasional wine cooler during the college years). I have never taken steroids at all and I have never taken diuretics. Three years ago my mother was diagnosed with CHF and she's 64yrs old. Contrary to me, my mother and Father had been alcoholics for as long as I can remember, intravenous drug users in addition to other illegal drugs. My mom is a heavy smoker and her diet doesn't contain vegetables or fruit in any way. Dad died heart failure
Mon, 14 Dec 2009