Effects of EDH

my sister fell down from stairs and she was fine. after some two hours she started vomiting and was bit little drowsy, we went to our physician and he advised CAT scan of brain. it said EDH and my sister became more and more drowsy. we were asked to go to neuro center where they said its life threatening and needs an emergency surgery. they did and after 2 days my sister was discharged. is EDH so dangerous
Mon, 30 Nov 2009
's  Response
it is the injury that is dangerous a simple fall also can cause this. you need to be very careful about this as it will bleed inside it is not visible also. only CT scan of brain can find it so you need to get the CT scan of brain as soon as possible and consult neurosurgeon immediately
helmut's  Response
yes it is very dangerous in fact peoeple die in no time before they are shifted to hospital. many times there are no neurosurgeons to operate and they will die. it is some vessel break and bleeding in the brain following injury to head
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Yes, it is because it can interfere with the blood supply to the vital parts of the brain and can result in Stroke.

makarand's  Response
wat is this extradural hematoma is same as hemorrhage in brain, why do you put such medically oriented topics which we dont understand only. please use common terms.