Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Eating disorder. Underweight. Flat stomach. Should i go to doctor?

Hello, Do you think I have a eating disorder and if yes what should I do about it? I m a 16 year old girl and weight 93lbs and I m 5 ft 5. This all started years ago when I was 11 I started not eating my lunch at school then when I went to high school I started to eat normally again and put on a lot of weight by the time I was 13 I was really unhappy with my weight and started skipping lunch again I lost some weight by doing this for two years and by the time I was 15 I was underweight and my friends would tell me I m too thin and question and force me to eat. I hated it. Once I was at the doctors and she was asking me food related questions and questions on my weight I lied as I was scared and nothing eles happernd with it.Now I m counting the calories in everything I eat and I exercise a lot! Everytime I eat I feel so guilty and hate my self for it, most of the time I m thinking about food and what I ve eaten and what I must not eat and that I must be think. I feel as if my life would be eaiser if I was thin. I told my self once I had a flat stomach I would stop this and eat healthy but once I was happy with my stomach I noticed how fat my legs are and now can t stop. My biggest fear is gaining weight! I wanna be able to eat what I like with out worrying like my friends but I can. I ve never told any one about this they wouldn t understand and if I do have and eating disorder I want help from my doctor but don t want to get fat or go in hospital and I don t want anyone to know I don t want her to send me to counclling what would she do if I told her this and how do I even say this to her help I m scared what would you do? how can I tell my doctor? Do I have an eating disorder? And what one? Help!
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear madam,

I think you should see a doctor because only after that proper diagnosis can be made and accordingly treated .

Dr. Shruti
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor