Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Ears pierced, tight earrings, swollen earlobe, purple discoloration. Sepsis?

I am concerned about my 7 year old daughters earlobe . She had her ears pierced 8 weeks ago and recently put in a new pair. I just spent the last 35 minutes taking the earring out due to the back being to tight and the lobe itself swollen and purple. The earrings are now out and the lobes cleaned, however when I look behind the ear all I can think of is SEPSIS! Should I take her into urgent care?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  465
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Its good that you had notice the swelling & removed the earring. Since it is swollen & there is purple discolouration it means it might be too tight that have decreased blood supply to that part. Kindly take your daughter to the doctor so that he can assess the severity of the condition.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor