Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Ears pierced, pus blister, cleaned the area. Should I pop these blisters?

Got Ears pierced about 5 weeks ago, have now got a pus like blister behind my right ear. How do I treat this? I have took the earring out now and cleaned around the area. Should I pop this? I know it s going to be painful, but should it be done? I have been touching my ears and twisting them nearly everyday. I can understand why I have it.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  494
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response

Welcome to health care magic forum.

Thanks for writing to us.

The pierced area has infected resulting in pus accumulation.

I would advice you to irrigate the infected area with betadine,apply povidine iodine ointment.

Usually amoxycillin has to be administered,to relieve underlying infection.

If symptoms persists even after one week,please do visit a physician.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 26 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor