Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Ears pierced. Can the scar tissue have caused a gunk stuck in ear?

I got my ears pierced 2 months ago. I didn t change them until two days ago. Everything went smoothly except for the amount of gunk I had stuck in my ear. I had to take them out yesterday for my sport, which was a 7 hour practice. When I got home to try putting my earrings back in, it hurt really badly and started to bleed . It wouldn t go through so we gave up. I decided, I ll just get them pierced again in a couple months (December). I was wondering if that was okay. Someone told me it hurts even more, someone else told me it hurts less. Then people told me scar tissue could get in the way. I would just like to know what the TRUTH is and if someone can give me answers! It would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
You can get your ears pierced again. Do not worry nothing will happen.
It will hurt only as much as the first time.
Regards, Dr kishori.
Answered: Tue, 24 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor