Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Ears feeling blocked and muffled after hearing loud music. Will it cause premanent damage?

I was listening to music rather loud with earbuds two weeks ago. The next day, I experienced a blocked, muffled feeling in my right ear. When I press on it, I can hear a slight ringing. I feel no pain, and there is no discharge . I can hear ok, unless I m in a crowded environment... then I notice it more. It seems to be better at times, but I m worried because it has not gone away yet. Do you think I have caused permanent damage?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  652
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Tinnitus is the perception of some sound in the ear when none is present. One of the common noises heard in tinnitus is ringing like you are experiencing.

Tinnitus can be due to different causes including exposure to loud noises.

It can be permanent or temporary. In some cases, it can lasts a few weeks.

Since it has been ongoing for 2 weeks, you may want to consider visiting an ENT specialist for an evaluation.

I hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 7 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor