Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Early forties, have looks of a school kid, worsens situations during client meetings, depression due to appearance. Treatment?

I am a 42 years old male. But I look like a teenager. I hate when people ask my age. When they hear that I am 42 they just can t believe it. and they laugh at me saying you look like a high school kid. In my thirties I don t remember people making remarks on my appearance. But now in my forties practically everybody says they can t believe my age. This really bothers me. I am doing an MA program on counseling. It s going to be worse when I meet clients during my internship. I am sure they will disregard me for my appearance. Generally I am depressed because of this. Please tell me how to attain a mature look for my age either by hormonal treatment or anyother way. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

First you should be happy that you look teenager in spite of being in forties. In fact other person may feel jealous of your younger look.

But same time younger look may cause problem in professional areas. But try to look more smart and confident rather than older only. For that you can use following methods:
-Muscle building
-Coloring some of your front hairs.
-Keeping beard and mustache.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor