Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Early eighties, have anxiety, get unconscious with sleeping pills, crave for tea. How can I overcome this?

My wife s grandpa aged 80+ thin health was active until complaining for anxiety / sometime its aggravate. He can t take slipping pills even 1/4 of tablet...if its given 1/4, he gots unconscious for long hours 12-18hrs. What to do? Sometimes he continues hue & cry all the day asking for food especially tea. (don t take much food)
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
This condition is known as Senile Dementia but needs proper evaluation,can be controled with mild dose of suitable antipsychotic along with Donepezile,rivastigmine,etc.
Answered: Mon, 22 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor