Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Earache due to wax accumulation, planning to get it removed by the doctor. What will be the procedure?

I went to a minute clinic because I have been having a earache lately. she told me that there was too much wax in there to tell if it was swimmers ear or a ear infection . so, tomorrow I am going to the doctor to get it removed. I m worried it will be painful. can you tell me if it will hurt? and what the procedure will be like?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
HI dear you have ear wax accumulated and want to get it removed,the procedure is called as ear syringing,in this Luke warm water is pushed int your ear through a syringe ,without needle,in the form of jet,it dissolve the wax inside your ear and wax comes out,with the water,it will take % to 10 minutes only
Answered: Mon, 16 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor