Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Ear ringing, muffled hearing, face numbness. Diagnosed as allergies. Want second opinion

I have ringing in my ears along with muffled hearing . I have been to the ENT twice and he keeps telling me its allergies. I think it is something more serious. What should I do? Get another opinion? I am so scared it may be a tumor!! What do you think?? It started last year and then got better, now it started again. Please give me your advice. I also think I have some numbness in my face! Worried
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  187
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The body's balancing mechanism is in the inner ear. An ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist is the one to see - especially in the presence of tinnitus. They have special tests to confirm or exclude the contribution of the ear.

Lack of improvement may a part of the problem itself. Still, it is safer to seek a second opinion, preferably a neurologist – especially because of numbness of face. MRI (and/or) MRA may be needed - to evaluate 8th nerve and brain stem. You need further assessment and assistance.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor