Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Ear red around the canal area, severe pain, tiny white dots on ear lobe. What could be wrong?

My right ear is really red around the area of my ear canal and its painful. And on my earlobe there are tiny white dots but its not itchy like dandruff . Ive never used a cotton swab because i have heard that they hurt. I have also had a pimple before but this looks/feels different. And i have no piercings. Can you please tell what could be wrong with my ear?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM, '

You seem to be having an acute reaction of some sort which is causing the redness around your ear canal.

Most of the time such lesions go away in a day or two without treatment or meddling the ears. If however the redness persists and it further worsens you need to consult and ENT and a dermatologist so that a proper diagnosis can be reached and treatment initiated

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor