Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Ear problems, blocked Eustachian tube. Taking sudafed, motrin for pain. Which version of coricidin must I take?

Hello, I have a couple questions regarding Coricidin . I have been having ear problems, not an infection, and it s thought that my eustachian tube is causing them. I was told to take Sudafed (behind the counter one with pseudoephedrine ) and Motrin for the pain as needed. Also was told to take Coricidin to help but was not told which one specifically. So I wrote the ingredients down to make this as easy as possible. Which of the following 3 should I be using in conjuction with the above? Combo A) Acetaminophen 325mg Pain/Fever Reducer & Chlorpheniramine Maleate 2mg Antihistamine Combo B) Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg Cough Suppressant & Chlorpheniramine Maleate 4mg Antihistamine Combo C) Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10mg Cough Suppressant & Guaifenesin 200mg expectorant Thank you very very much, it is greatly appreciated!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  815
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello,let me try to help have been diagnosed to have a eustachian tube problem,this means it is blocked due to an an infection in the nose or sinuses.allergy can also cause blocks.diseases in the space behind your nose can also cause should see an ENT doctor to detect a probable cause and get it treated.i think sudafed and the combo c is fine in your case.we wish you a speedy recovery. dr praveen.
Answered: Mon, 25 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor